Monday, December 5, 2011

Prepare Him Room

'Tis the season....

I love this time of year. There is so much celebration; good food, gifts, parties, breaks from school, new beginnings. Those are really nice things. However, during this season there is so much brokenness as well. There are people who forget what Christmas is all about and some that don't even know what Christmas even represents.

In our society we make Christmas all about ourselves. We make wish lists full of things we do not need. We violently shop for Christmas presents and ask for so much from others. We somehow manage to forget we already have the best present we could ever desire. Jesus Christ- "the reason for the season." God came to the earth in the form of flesh and lived a blameless, perfect life free of sin. Then He died in our hands for we condemned Him. He did all of this because He loves us and He claims us. From the beginning, when He arrived on the earth earth no one made room for Him. The inn had no room, he was born in a manger. I do not want to push God out, I want to make room for Him. I pray my heavenly Father would rid me of all that is unnecessary and fill me with His love and guidance. I pray that I could be a gift or a blessing to others through God's work in my life.

The real reason this holiday season gives me joy?
    Because I have many blessings in my life through Christ. Like my brother, who is currently out of the country, told me this past week- "Don't get me anything. I just want to be home. That is the best thing I could receive."
   Because I have the perfect gift always- salvation through my Lord. And this is when we celebrate his birth. "Let everyone prepare him room." Father, let us prepare you room.


"While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." Luke 2:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment