Friday, December 2, 2011

I'm Made Anew

I'm looking forward to this month a lot. There are some new people in my life and they probably won't read this and they might not even know it, but they have put some life back in me. While they are not the entire reason for my new overwhelming sense of joy they definitely helped. These past two weeks I've heard my laugh and sadly I almost didn't recognize it. I laughed, TRULY laughed this really obnoxious cackle that carries- yeah that's my laugh and I love it. Seriously, I do. I even laughed so hard that I had tears running falling from my eyes and the first thing I thought was, "What are these?" I realized the last emotion I consistently felt was grief. However I had felt it so long eventually I just didn't really feel or acknowledge anything.

I'm thankful for a heavenly Father who held on to me tightly and who has pulled me back into his arms and forgives me. Forgives me for being a servant to grief and serving myself. Forgives me for straying and making it about me. I would not be so happy in this moment if it were not for my Jesus. I serve a God who is always walking beside me and guiding me to His pleasing and perfect will. 


Father you have made me made anew by pouring blessing after blessing into my life. You throw out all that is of the world in me and you replace it with your word and your love. Truly, I am thankful. Thank you for reminding me of my laugh and for granting me people to share it with. Help me to continue to seek your joy. 

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment